Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Skittles in ATL!

I had a fun weekend! Thursday I talked to Skittles on the IM to see if he was still coming up to see me. He was hesitant because he wasn't sure if he'd have enough money. We went back and forth about it, trying to decide if we could meet in a city between us or reschedule for the future. We couldn't agree on a plan. Then he was like "Do you think we should just be friends? I don't think I can do the long distance thing." This really pissed me off, so I told him to do what he wanted and signed off of the IM. I turned off my phone and avoided contact from everyone until 5:30pm the next day. Skittles had sent a text message, "I'm sorry" and a voice message saying he was just frustrated and missed me. He called me a few minutes later. I answered and we talked it over. He explained he wasn't breaking things off with me he was just asking how I felt. I feel if he was thinking about breaking up, he wanted to do it. But he insisted that's not what he wanted. So I guess to make up for it all, he decided he wanted to meet in Atlanta Saturday. I was excited. I started packing immediately. The next day, Skittles put money in my bank account for gas and I hit the road. I wore a brown striped cream colored strapless dress, something I don't do often, and white flip flops.

Skittles arrived in Atlanta about 30 minutes ahead of me and booked our hotel. I pulled into the parking lot and he was standing outside waiting for me. He was so cute in his black thick rimmed glasses. We exchanged hello's. I was really nervous to see him and didn't know what else to say. I think he felt the same way, because he just grabbed my luggage out of my car and avoided eye contact. We stayed in a cheap motel, but it was clean and had a fridge so I wasn't complaining. He did assure me that we would stay in a better one next time. In the room he tried to figure out how to work the remote controlled air conditioner and I sat in the corner near the window. He couldn't get it working so I told him I was usually good at figuring that kind of stuff out, but I was also unsuccessful. He called the front desk to have someone come up and turn it on. It gave us something to do besides actually talk to each other. But once the problem was solved we had to break the ice. So we hugged and he pushed me onto the bed, got on top of me and we started kissing.

We got hungry and he wanted to find a Thai restaurant he'd been to on a previous trip. We drove around for about 20 minutes looking for this place and ended up going in a complete circle. We decided to eat at a mexican restaurant near the hotel, instead. Afterwards, we stopped at a gas station to ask a random stranger where a flea market and good club were. I've only bought clothes at a flea market once before, in high school when I needed a dress for my pageant. It was a used red column dressed that my aunt turned into a flowy cocktail dress for the opening number. I was happy to see that this flea market had new clothes and Skittles bought me a cute brown, quater sleeved, v-neck dress. We went back to the hotel and had sex again, took naps, and then showers, and got ready for the club.

Skittles looked fly in all black with a black Kango and silver jewelry to accent. We drove to downtown Atlanta to find a club to go to. We drove around for about 30 minutes then finally settled on a spot. Driving around looking for places seemed to be a recurring theme for Skittles, but we are both patient people so we didn't get upset about it. I finally told him we should just go to one place we'd driven by first. It was a nice club with 3 levels. We partied on two of them. Drinks were very expensive. Skittles isn't much of a dancer, but he got hype on songs he liked. After the club we went to Waffle House. I don't really like Waffle House because it was the dirtiest restaurant on a Dateline special, but I've been there before and I like the pecan waffle, so it was okay. Besides I was kinda drunk, so we could have eaten at the Walmart deli and I wouldn't have cared. The place had a jukebox in it, so we tried to select really crazy songs, but the selection was sparce. After Waffle House we went back to the hotel and I was in a really frisky mood, so we had a nice session before bed.

The next day we went to see Street Kings, which turned out to be a really great movie. Afterwards we went looking for the Thai restaurant again. By this time, I felt it was a hopeless cause, but I let him drive around aimlessly anyway. To my surprise, we happened upon it. I was happy for him and the food there was some of the best Thai food I've had. In fact it makes me want to get some from a Thai restaurant downtown here. I'm gonna continue this later, cause I'm really hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment